Welcome to the Homepage of flagbot, the CTF team of VIS located at ETH Zürich. Here you can find announcements, blog posts and contact information.
We are always on the lookout for new members. If interested, please send us a Mail at ctf at vis.ethz.ch (from your ETH mail account). You can also just drop by during Semesters when we have our meetings, every Monday at 19:00 in CAB H52 (on the same floor as the food lab).
We would like to hear from both experienced CTF players and beginners alike! Those of you who are new to CTFs, do not feel intimidated because being good at CTFs is just an acquired skill. All it takes is time, practice and some hair-loss (due to you pulling your hair out on that one especially hard problem).
The only prerequisite to joining the team is a passion towards computer security. All the knowledge needed, you can acquire by regularly attending the teams practice sessions.
Up-to-date info about flagbot during COVID-19 (HS2020): We are still doing our weekly meeting, even in these times, but now mostly on ZOOM. If you still want to join us, sometimes with weekly lectures by our team members, look for the zoom meeting link in our slack general channel. (If you are not already in it, write us a mail at email@example.com)
Furthermore we also still play CTFs nearly every weekend again! Join our slack because next weekend we will play DCTF 2021! If you missed the DEFCON Quals 2021, where we got a nice 13th place!!, you are still welcome to help us get those flags for the upcoming CTF’s! Sometimes we even have free pizza, so try joining us as often as possible!
- December 7, 2020 [pbctf 2020] Gcombo
- December 7, 2020 [pbctf 2020] R0bynotes
- December 7, 2020 [pbctf 2020] Sploosh
- December 7, 2020 [pbctf 2020] LeaK
- December 7, 2020 [pbctf 2020] Queensarah2
- June 30, 2020 [0CTF/TCTF qualifiers 2020] Happy Tree
- June 29, 2020 [0CTF/TCTF qualifiers 2020] PyAuCalc
- March 19, 2020 [AeroCTF 2020] Babycrypt
- December 30, 2019 [36C3 CTF] catch the flag (417, misc) / Not so random, eh?
- November 19, 2019 [ASIS CTF Finals 2019] Andex